NBCC L.I.V.E. students have a world of knowledge at their fingertips via the NBCC wireless network. Classes that use the L.I.V.E. program are different from traditional classes because students may find themselves completing class assignments online or maintaining an electronic journal. When not in the classroom, students can still communicate with their classmates and instructors in an electronic medium, measure their knowledge through online tests, or simply conduct research on the internet.
The LIVE program is based on two basic principles:
- provide enhanced access to learning
- ensure NBCC students are trained using technology relevant to their future workplace.
Participants in the LIVE program receive:
- 24/7 access to your personal or leased laptop
- All required software
- Technical support for software installed at NBCC, and hardware for leased laptops
- On-campus wireless access
- Enhanced flexibility for students who work, have family responsibilities or commute
L.I.V.E. optionsA: Use your own laptop
cost: $300 technology fee
Use your own notebook computer for the program by gaining access to the NBCC network. To ensure the software required for your program operates properly, we strongly recommend a computer that meets our minimum specifications.
B: Lease a laptop from NBCC
cost: $300 technology fee, $500 laptop lease fee
Under the lease option, NBCC provides you with a fully-equipped notebook computer leased from the college.